Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

the new Mcafee virus program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Virus, Worm &Trojan Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leelacat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: the new Mcafee virus program Reply with quote

My mother bought a new virus program, the McAfee 2005 v9.0, because her old one had been expired for a couple of months... and on the package it said that it also scanned for spyware and some other things. What caused her concern and she called me about is that for preinstallation it required that she turn off her firewall, close all spyware programs so they aren't running, redo her internet explorer security settings to default and finally set her overall computer setting to default.

I have used several different virus programs and have heard it say close all running programs but have never heard of lowing the security on a computer this low to install a program before.

I need advice, she really needs to get a current virus program going but is waiting on me to find something out, I am like the family computer consultant even though I am not really an expert on spyware I just know how to TRY to protect against it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Virus, Worm &Trojan Alerts All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: