Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Giant Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stovnet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Giant Support Reply with quote

Hi

I am getting the following each time I try to ask Giant for support. For example I cannot register woig to the following always occurring (since yesterday). Any ideas?

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Regards
Stovnet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

No replies so far, so I'll talk to myself. Too boring I guess.

I've thought about it a little and I think it might be one of my restrcited sites settings somehow getting inthe way, but I do not know which one.

The only reason I think this might be the case is that the first time I tried to get through on another computer that was newly formatted, I got through. So I think the problem may be some of the settings on the other computer.

Anyway, if anyone is interested I have happily subscribed to Giant and find it works just fine. I would personally rather a program detect more and have one or two false positive's along the way than detect less and miss more. Eric's tests seem to be showing that Giant detects more than the rest on average.

Regards
matt_d_walker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: This is not Giant support Site Reply with quote

Try their web site, you can IM with on of the techs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: