Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Port scan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mind control 01
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Port scan Reply with quote

Hello spykillers,
I've just had a 10 min port scan from 81.99.231.83,
could someone please tell me the best place to see who own's that ip, i dont know what to do when i found out but im trying so hard to become a spykiller so help on this will be another little string to my getting bigger bow,

ANOTHER thing i've been playing with my setting's & now when i click on link's on here & other place's all i get is my pop-up blocker kick in, please any advice would be great,

POWER TO YA Wink
Moore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mind control , Very Happy

You having popup blocking trouble with your firewall ?
What are you using ?

These are some handy links you can use to whois / traceroute IPs :

http://www.samspade.org/
http://www.whois.sc/
http://www.all-nettools.com/toolbox

D-shield whois will let you know if its been spotted by others who submit their firewall logs:

http://www.dshield.org/ipinfo.php?ip=81.99.231.83

As for the IP scanning you , its someone from the UK:

Quote:
spr2-seve3-6-0-cust83.asfd.broadband.ntl.com

81.99.224.0 - 81.99.239.255
NTL Infrastructure - Waltham Park
GB

There are plenty of other whois sites, you can also try a program like smartwhois , it's one of the best . but it's shareware.

The best freeware whois made by one very cool guy TheFaimousOne, is the whois project.

http://www.faimoussoft.com/downloads/WHOIS.exe

It doesnt need installing , just stick it on your desktop and make a rule in your firewall for outbound port 53 , it will then automatically look up the right whois server.

Depending on which firewall you have , you might also want to set a remote host rule for arin.net, ripe and apnic.

whois.arin.net 192.149.252.43
whois.ripe.net 193.0.0.135
whois.apnic.net 202.12.29.13
Mind control 01
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hello Moore,
Thanks for that Wink Im useing panda, I dont suppose you know why i cant use link's now ( I cant use the link's you gave), I think it could be the Ram setting's i changed yesterday useing Black viper's guide, I only changed a few thing's then switched off, Then today no link's, It's the only thing's i THINK i changed, Do you know any other setting's that can stop you from useing link's Question , (I havnt changed my firewall setting's & it's alway's worked till today but i'll try if you think i should))
ALSO on the port thing i tested myself , see the following , is this as good as i think or is this a normal response

Your system has achieved a perfect “TruStealth” rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to “counter-probe the prober”, thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

I was happy to see this Very Happy

POWER TO YA Wink
Moore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see how adjusting your Ram settings would disable webpage links from working.

I've never actually seen a Panda version of a firewall , is it part of a anti virus package or seperate.?

Have you changed any settings for javascript or popups anywhwere that you can think of ?

Do you use any other programs running that can block webpage content?

You should still be able to right click and copy the links , and paste them into a new browser window if they dont work by clicking on them.

Yes , nice to see your firewall has some stealth. Cool

But even the windows firewall can block incoming ICMP connections and make you stealthed , its usually the outbound control that sets most software firewalls apart.
Mind control 01
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Me again Reply with quote

Hello again,
Right i've switched off my pop-up blocker & that now allows me to click a link i dont normally have to do that plus i want my blocker on, I think your right i remember changeing a setting or two in my internet setting's what should i allow to get link's Question thats safe,
oh my & i want to be a spykiller Rolling Eyes ,
Yes my panda has firewall,anti-virus, anti-spam,dialer,spyware & web filter,
Also(dont i go on) what do i do with the ripe setting's you gave above, Thank you so much for your help Very Happy

(OK back again, i'll wear out that edit button)) I've sussed it Very Happy it was the setting's on my pop-up blocker if you put it to high it wont let me go to link's (UH) anyhow i've now put it to medium & it now let's me link up, I dont understand as a link is'nt a pop-up (I suppose it must be really) oh well live & learn Smile

WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO KILL SPY'S
POWER TO YA Wink
Moore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a good overall guide to browser settings here if you want to check your settings are secure:
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/btw/ie/ie-opts.htm

Did you play around with the scripting settings in the advanced internet options ?

You might try adding the sites that are having problems to your trusted sites zone , and see if that makes any difference with the links not working.

Although it sounds like the popup blocker may be responsible , if turning it off lets the links work ok , any way to configure it to let certain sites work. ?

The ripe/apnic/arin whois settings for your firewall rules might not apply with your firewall if its application based and not rules based.

Do you have any settings to create application rules or do you just have your programs allowed or blocked ?

I'm not familiar with the Panda firewall so I dont know what kind of power they give you to control your connections.
Mind control 01
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Me again Reply with quote

Hello moore,
i've just sussed the pop-up problem , i had it set to high (Doh) i've got it on medium now & it's working fine Very Happy
As for the settings i've printed off just about every thing you can set & im alway's playing with every button i can get my grubby hands on, that also go's for just about every bit of anti spyware i can find & print instruction's to, I am determined to become a warrior at some stage,
Im going to buy another computer so i can infect myself i dont want to do anything with this one it's my baby Heart
I've also found some tool's that sound scary see below

BOPing is a network scanner for the infamous Back Orifice program. It is many times faster than the ping sweeper built in to the original client program.
This is intended as a vigilante tool to notify victims who unknowingly have the trojan on their system. It includes the ability to notify detected victims by sending them a BO messagebox message directly from within the program.
This is first and foremost a simple tool for network administrators to perform a quick scan of their local area networks. Do not attempt to use this program against computers on the Internet that you have no right to scan since you are highly likely to be tracked down and attract the attention of your ISP and have your account terminated.

Dont worry im not going to use this or any of the others they have it's just when im ready i want some top weapon's to kill the spys,etc with,
I think you & the others on this site deserve a medal for all your hard work,
BTW i have your site in my favourite's i love your matrix thing,

As for my panda you can set thing's but im so dizzy at this stage of the game playing with more button's is just asking for trouble,
Anyhow ive gone on (as i do) so it's over & out from me I'll be back soon,

WHEN I GROW UP IM GOING TO KILL SPY'S
MORE POWER TO YA Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: