Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Number of Processes in Systemtray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Number of Processes in Systemtray Reply with quote

Hello, this is my first posting on the Forum. As you know, by opening Task Manager you can view the number of running processes. For a while now I've thought that it would be handy to have an icon in the Systemtray, in the form of a number, to show the number of running processes. (Similar to the icon of Cacheman which shows the current available free memory as a number).

Malware often creates a new process, and, if the number of processes was always in view, this could give an early warning that something was amiss.

I've searched for such a programme and the nearest thing I can find is Coolmom from (link edited out by admin) I've set this up to show the number of running processes and dragged it to the bottom right of my screen where it always "stays on top."

Can anyone advise if a programme to place the number in the Systemtray exists? Many thanks.
bch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try the link to Coolmon again. http://www.coolmon.org/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: