Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Adware Away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Adware Away Reply with quote

Another cleaner program that is of unknown quality. Their claim of fixing the about:blank hijack would be great news if it is legit, but somehow I don't think it will fix it. It also says it fixes Look2me...

Adware Away: http://adwareaway.com/index.html

I've seen people recommending this on various help forums, so either it works or they are spamming the boards for $$$. No one who recommended is know by me to any form of an expert or is part of the board staff...
eburger68
SWW Distinguished Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick:

I've tested AdwareAway. It's an odd program, resembling no other program that I've tested. In some ways it resembles HJT inasmuch its primary focus is diagnosis of specific problems rather than scanning of the Registry or hard drive. But instead of presenting the user with a long list of system settings (as HJT does), it spreads the information among a dozen or so tabs.

Not sure I'd recommend this program over the usual tools, but it doesn't quite fit with the other programs on the rogue anti-spyware page.

Best,

Eric L. Howes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: