Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Justice for Cisco

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey
Malware Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Justice for Cisco Reply with quote

Some of our local news is getting a lot of attention. The o'lady is talking about it here. If you suffer high blood pressure or have anger management issues, you probably shouldn't click that link.
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked the link to your forum but I didn't watch the video - I'm sure it would make me very upset.
Gary R

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what you get when you live in a country where the police are armed, and trigger happy idiots like the officer in the video are allowed to wear blue, and shoot first and ask questions later.

Nothing can recompense the owner of the dog for the loss of his animal.

The officer in question is obviously not fit to wear a badge, and at the very least should be removed from any front line activity and moved behind a desk for the safety of all. Preferably he should be removed permanently from a job he obviously does not have the temperament for.

Thank god I live in a civilised country, where the average beat officer does not carry a firearm.

I've no idea what I'd do if someone did that to one of my girls, but I expect they would not live long or prosper.

If you've been helped, please donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site .... Spyware Warrior Donations
mikey
Malware Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gary, your point is well received. Folks shouldn't live in fear of their so called protectors.

However, I have witnessed first hand when harsh police action was very much in need. As usual with gun issues, my feelings are somewhat torn. I try to be prudent and because the world I live in is still a bit barbarian, I have always tried to make a practice of maintaining a defensive posture...if you know what I mean.

The changes that I think would be good for the immediate future of APD are;

1. Develop policy and training for appropriate response.
2. Develop policy and training for appropriate animal encounters.
3. Develop a department wide attitude adjustment and get rid of the cowboys.
4. At the very least, that officer should be reprimanded and, if there really was justice, he would be criminally charged.

It's too bad that you can't teach common sense.

suzi wrote:
...I didn't watch the video - I'm sure it would make me very upset.

I completely understand.
Gary R

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikey wrote:
The changes that I think would be good for the immediate future of APD are;

1. Develop policy and training for appropriate response.
2. Develop policy and training for appropriate animal encounters.
3. Develop a department wide attitude adjustment and get rid of the cowboys.
4. At the very least, that officer should be reprimanded and, if there really was justice, he would be criminally charged.

Couldn't agree more.

You would have thought that handling animal encounters would be a mandatory part of Police training, since the number of people who have pet dogs runs into the millions, and any Police Officer should know what to do when they come across one defending its territory (and that does not include pulling a firearm and shooting it).

As for the Officer, from what I heard in the video, he clearly had no idea of what to do when confronted by a dog. His actions were not only totally uncalled for, and a total overreaction to the situation he faced, but would be considered by most rational people to be dangerous in the extreme.

Discharging a firearm in a built up public area should only ever be done in defence of life, when either the Officer or some member of the public is in mortal danger, that was manifestly not the case here. As you say, at the very least he should be disciplined.

If you've been helped, please donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site .... Spyware Warrior Donations
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Talk About It All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: