Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

SMART HDD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Feedback for the Helpers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antioch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: SMART HDD Reply with quote

Hello Dakeyras and Scolabar[hope you had a great holiday]

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner, but I was only able to get back online on Saturday.

The first attempt on a clean install and format did not work as the small partition[believed by me and others to contain the 'nasty'] was still there. One cannot delete it at the point of formatting the partition.

So I had to get some help via a friend from the MS Answers forum which delayed things.
That small partition, some 8 to 10 Mb, is apparently there and used by Windows.

Well I got rid of it in the end, as the full hdd was reformatted in the end.

I thought I would try a shortcut and let Auto-updates dll and install the hundred odd updates after SP3. Absolute disaster. The .net stuff caused no end of trouble. So I went back to the tried and tested slow manual way and everything loaded fine - took best part of three hours.
So I had to do another clean install - funny thing though - no small partition showing this time.

Since then, I have been sorting the 'bugs' - black bars on IE8 - classic windows style would not hold - the annoying IE8 popup - net connection troubles - updated drivers not working etc.
The Software Distribution folder was over 900Mb when I looked in it.

The system has been well scanned with MSE/MBAM/SAS and two online scanners and I have added Spyware Blaster.

Next, is to add the free software I use and my mail client and personal files.

The only strange thing happening is when the Windows logo appears, the little 'blue train' as I call it, passes through twice with a second between, then twice again. Otherwise the computer runs fast and smooth.

Many thanks again for your help.

Rgds
Antioch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Feedback for the Helpers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: