Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Scolabar - you really made a difference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Feedback for the Helpers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oh_Moxie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Scolabar - you really made a difference Reply with quote

I had a RAT. Shocked Scolabar found it. Yay Scolabar! Rock ya

Seriously though, I think I've had this for close to a year. My camera would just turn on sometimes. It's creepy to me to think someone may have been watching me. Or definitely was? I just don't know, or understand - or like it. It's super creepy.

What clued me in and made me contact you was a virus I got through a Craigslist posting - there is no way I would have suspected that the job wasn't legit (it was for a 'UEC College.')

I've been looking for a job for a long time now, and have probably sent out over 800 resumes this year. The kind of person who would target the unemployed and honestly-looking is an evil SOB indeed.

And although I am nice and teased Scolabar a bit, this was one of the scariest months I've had as an adult. This month I had to choose between rent or food. It has been unbelievably awful.

Even though I'm still desperately looking for a job, there is no way I could do it without my computer or the internet. Period. As a writer and as a jobseeker - if I don't have reliable access to the internet, I have no chance at all of making it out of this. Scolabar, you really, really did a huge thing in helping me.

One final thing - when I first signed up and was reading the posts of what to do, I saw someone being mean to Torreattack (I think that's the spelling). For that guy - shame on you. Here is someone donating their own time and mental resources - which they most certainly do not have to do - to help save your tushie. A little gratitude and a lot less attitude was most certainly due to this person who is essentially, DOING YOU A FAVOR.

So long, and if I climb out of the gutter in the next few months (crossing fingers), I will definitely come back and make a donation. Scolabar, you were an absolutely amazing help, and there is no way I could thank you enough for it. I do not know what I'd do without my computer right now.

Internet hugs, and real-life appreciation, you guys are all really amazing.

<b>Thank you.</b>

~ Rose

@}--,-----'----------------

Scolabar
SWW Honors Graduate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. It is very much a team effort here at Spyware Warrior and it is greatly appreciated. Big Thumb Up

I hope things improve for you soon on the job hunting front.

I'm glad we have been able to help.

Good luck and stay safe. Wink

Scolabar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Feedback for the Helpers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: