Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Your Uninstaller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitbit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Your Uninstaller Reply with quote

Has anyone heard if URSoftWare's product UrUninstaller 2011 contains malware.

hitbit
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to more appropriate section.

I'm not familiar with that app but a Google search did not turn up any connections with malware. However, I the only download locations showing in the Google results are file sharing sites, which are totally untrustworthy.

Who is the vendor - what is the company name? I don't see any Google results for Download.com, or other known download sites.

Or is the name of the app Your Uninstaller? See that on Download.com, softpedia, etc.
hitbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Your Uninstaller Reply with quote

Hi Suzi and thanks for the reply.
The programme maker is UrSoftware.www.ursoftware.com
The programme is YourUninstaller
They also make a programme named StartUpFaster.
I have been using both without difficulty (as best I know) for about 6 years.
They have developed an upgrade to YourUninstaller, YourUninstaller 2011 but there are comments online to suggest that it contains malware and is being flaged by such as Avira.
There also seems to be a problem with their support as a question I asked back in August, and many times since remains unanswered.
This is unusual as they were always reasonably quick to respomnd to requests for support.
I am concerned that they may have "sold out" as Aluria did in the past.
Any help/advice would be appreciated

hitbit
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the listing at Download.com and none of the user reviews mention any problems with it.

Maybe they are bundling it with a toolbar or other adware? I'm not going to download it to find out though. Smile

I would say if you are in doubt, don't upgrade to the new version. You could continue to use the version you aleady have if it works for you.
hitbit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: YourUninstaller Reply with quote

Hi Suzi,
Again my thanks for all your help. I will do as you suggest and stick with the version I have.

hitbit
roger_m
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed it and it appears to be clean. The detection by Avira is probably an error.
hitbit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Your Uninstaller Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately UrSoft have not bothered responding to my many requests for support since August last so I will not avail of their products in the future. Sad really as I really liked both Your Uninstaller and StartUpFaster. However all programmes, even good ones are only as good as the technical and customer offered. In this UrSoft have proven to be dismal.

hitbit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: