Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Smog check (CA) check engine light on

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Webcapri
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Smog check (CA) check engine light on Reply with quote

It's time to re-register old load(car) and this year i'll need to get a smog test. For the longest i been driving with light on until 2 month ago when the performance just started to give. To make a long story short it took to go from 0 to 60 like 3 to 5 min and drinking the gas like ice water on a hot day. So i was force to get it fix. So it came with a couple codes and it turn-out some spark plugs were misfiring. So got the spark plug and wiring replace for about $465. So while paying for the bill the manger (owner) and i were talking that he done a chk on the engine and said the engine looks solid and said that this fix should make the light stay off, but if it does come back on it might be loose panel ($100) or the cpu might need to be reset ($325 or up) which would need to tow to a dealership. So the repair did the trick, car accelerates now and the mpg is back to where is should be but after 24 hrs the light back on.

So now back to today i need a smog but i will fail cause of chk lamp on. I read bout resetting your system and all that but u run risk of this and that so i'm really into doing that. So i am asking for anyone opinion if i should take (2003 chev Malibu) to dealership or one of these test and repair shops or if someone have another solution or advice on the best and cheapest way i would be so grateful. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Talk About It All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: