Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Gary R, please come back!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Feedback for the Helpers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garbanzo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Gary R, please come back! Reply with quote

I feel that Gary R closed my topic prematurely after asking an indirect question. I would like the opportunity to clarify.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=33876

Gary asked, "Are you using this machine for business purposes?"

I answered "Occasionally", because I occasionally take my work home with me.

But to be clear - this is a HOME PC. It is my own, I purchased it, I installed the OS and 100% of the software, and I alone am responsible for its contents. The PC in question has absolutely no affiliation to any other person or entity.

Perhaps Gary should have been more direct, instead asking, "Is this a home PC or a work PC?"

I can tell you guys like to err on the side of caution, but if anything goes wrong, I'll just format my system drive and re-install Windows. No big deal Smile
Gary R

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With any machine that is used for business purposes, a different set of standards for security needs to be adopted than those for a home use machine.

You are responsible not only for your own data, but for that of your customers as well, and if I help then I too am responsible for the security of their data.

I am not prepared to re-open your topic because of this.

IMO the only safe procedure to be followed with an infected machine that is used for business purposes (however obliquely), is to re-format your machine and re-install Windows.

Sorry if I didn't make that point clear.

If you've been helped, please donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site .... Spyware Warrior Donations
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Feedback for the Helpers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: