Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

question relating to anti virus and anti spyware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warrenkirby328

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: question relating to anti virus and anti spyware? Reply with quote

I have "Norton all-in-one anti-virus security" trial version installed from Norton's official website to my computer and "super antispyware" and "spywareblaster" installed from download.com . What i want to know is are these good combinations ? or is it good to have more than one anti spyware installed in my system ? and i have downloaded those 2 from download.com , so, how is that ? can anybody please gimme some advices?
Osage
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Warrenkirby 328.

To start out, its sounds like you have a new computer where Norton was bundled in. As soon as that trialware expires you are naked and vulnerable. So you either have to pay to extend Norton or replace it. The other thing to mention, is that you need to go to go the Norton web site to get a special Norton removal tool because add remove programs will not be enough. IMHO. Norton is not worth paying for, and you might be better with the payware Kaspersky security suite or just use freeware Avast like I do. Avira is good also. I am lerry of recommending MSE, even though it seems effective for many. And I forgot to mention other good AV products you can find on the various AV comparatives.

In terms of antispywares, yes you can run an infinite number of then and usually 3 or 4 are required. Yes Superantispyware and spyware blaster are effective, but you should add more HIP and HOST files, plus perhaps some process control.

But lots of hot stove league debates about what is best, the proof is in staying uninfected. And nothing will be enough to protect a computer if the person sitting in the chair want's to often visit risky websites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: