Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Comodo Personal Firewall Pro [version] 3 versus version-5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olmedoicaza2002

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Comodo Personal Firewall Pro [version] 3 versus version-5 Reply with quote

I'm currently using "Comodo Personal Firewall Pro" version 3.14.147648.588. and I have no idea whether I should update to the latest version or keep the one I have right now (as I've been reading on Cnet and dozens of other places problems with version 4 and up). I also read other problems like, you couldn't disable that "Defense+" crap, which is REALLY intrusive (and I found that out for myself when installing version-3 with the "Defense+" stuff enabled, and then later had to reformat my computer's hard-drive again and reinstall my security software (AVG, Spybot, Malwarebytes, SpywareBlaster, Comodo, etc) again, only this time, disable the "Defense+" stuff when installing Comodo.

i know i have to keep all my antivirus software and all that updated (i have the latest version of AVG that i can get [by using the "update"-feature, WITHOUT uninstalling my current version of AVG, downloading the latest version, and then installing it from scratch] (i had version 8 and i updated to version 9.0.856 by doing what i just said, clicking on "update" [from the "avg user-interface" window] and then updating to the latest-available-version [that it gave me to update to]), but, should i update to Comodo Firewall 5, or just stick with what i currently have?

keep in mind that i'm aware that now [stupid] Comodo merged their antivirus with their firewall, and personally, i DON'T want their antivirus. i want just their firewall and that's it (so how can i go about doing that? please guide me in the right direction step-by-step, on how to do that, and how to get JUST their firewall and that's it).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
olmedoicaza2002

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: HijackThis and AVG Reply with quote

also, should i download and install (from scratch) the "2011" version of AVG, and/or download and install (from scratch) the most recent version i can find of HijackThis?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mikey
Malware Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay.

I believe CIS is 5x now.

You aren't required to use any combo of the AV, HIPS, or packet filter. You can disable any or all.

UbuntuStudio...community supported multi-media development optimization.

-
olmedoicaza2002

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikey wrote:
Sorry for the delay.

I believe CIS is 5x now.

You aren't required to use any combo of the AV, HIPS, or packet filter. You can disable any or all.
thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: