Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Problem with HP Officejet 4315 All in One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leader2
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Problem with HP Officejet 4315 All in One Reply with quote

I own an HP Office Jet 4315 and for some reason it just stopped printing. Shocked It started a few days ago and I tried to unplug the usb cord (so that the drivers would reload. Darn not having a regular printer port that requires a cd to run. I don't even know where to access the drivers for my printer on this sucky Vista system. I'm a novice so forgive my lack of knowledge. Embarassed ) unplugging the power cable, doing a system restore (which didn't work. I rarely encountered this on Xp.) and finally doing reformat and reinstall. NO success. Shame on you Speak to the hand Brick wall d'oh! The printer will copy, but when I push the print button it prompts me to save a doc for the Microsoft XPS writer. I click cancel (twice) and it pops up this message. Rolling Eyes

I need my printer to print very important documents and am fed up Rolling Eyes and completely unsure as to what to do. Dunno The printer isn't registering in the printers folder despite the drivers (supposedly) being loaded. This has never happened before and I need a solution. What do I do? Confused
roger_m
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download the latest driversand software for your printer here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL18486/mp-47767-2/AIO_CDB_Full_Non-Network_enu_NB.exe

Download and run the file and see if that helps.

Let me know how it goes
leader2
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that tip roger_m, but my printer still isn't printing or showing up on the computer. In fact when I try to open the HP solution center for the printer this message pops up. Shocked

This is very frustrating! Mad I've racked my brain for days trying to come up with solution and still nothing. Can you help me figure out why the printer won't show up on the computer even though the usb cable and power cord are plugged in?
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a using a different USB port and a different cable? Are you connecting through a USB hub? A hub might not work as well as plugging directly into a fully powered USB port.

Also check this HP support documentation for your printer. Maybe there will be something helpful.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentIndex?lc=en&cc=us&product=1138342&dlc=en

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01704931&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_us/c01704931/loc:13&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1138342#
leader2
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Suzi. Smile

Yes I have tried to put the printer in a different USB port and unfortunately got the same result. I never plugged the printer into a USB hub. I don't have a different USB cable and don't even know how to get one. How would I go about getting a different USB cable?

Thanks for the heads up on the documentation. I intend to check it out.
roger_m
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a usb cable at an electronics or computer store such as Radio Shack.
leader2
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! I was able to get another cable and the printer started working. Very Happy At least for now. Wink Thanks for your help guys. Applause Thumb Up Smile
roger_m
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you can print now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: