Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Can't start my computer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cryer
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Can't start my computer! Reply with quote

For some reason, my computer can't run normally. Online Armor's blue screen pops up after the Windows XP screen. One of the things it asks for is to run CHKDSK /F, but I want to run it by you guys first. I can only go on safe mode, and I'm using the PS3 to talk to you guys. My brother reset the computer after it was running slowly after Online Armor asked about a file, N.EXN. What should I do to fix this problem?
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let your computer run CHKDSK. That could fix the problem.
Cryer
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you run CHKDSK? could you give me the basic instructions? remember i can only do this on safe mode, will it still work?
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the article here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

See the section that says
Manual steps to run Chkdsk
Cryer
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I tried this out, the blue screen still appears. even though we scheduled the disc check, It probably would've after the xp screen, which the blue screen is preventing. Is there another way I could use? Also, in safe mode, how about I remove Online Armor because that is the blue screen?

EDIT AND UPDATE:
Okay, I can go on the internet using Safe Mode with Networking. Let me give out some updates: we removed Online Armor and the blue screen still appears (I thought the blue screen was OA?), and after we tried to do chkdsk in Safe Mode (again, the only way), it didn't do it and, again, the blue screen. Now, I'm afraid to use chkdsk again because, afterwards, the Safe Mode (regular) didn't load. Which is why I went to Safe Mode with Networking because that was the second our of three Safe Mode options left. I feel this will happen again and won't be able to load this Safe Mode either.

So again, I really don't know what to do. Restarting, chkdsk, even removing OA still leads to this blue screen, and I don't know what happened to get here. All my brother said was that the computer was running slow, and like always he restarted it, and it led to this. He did say he blocked something he didn't know (which he should've asked me), but man, I'am confused.

Any other ideas? Should I do a hijackthis log? How about CCleaner? BTW, I still have the application to bring back OA, so you know. And also, we did try System Restore, and it couldn't do that.

EDIT2:
What about taking my harddrive to Geek Squad?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: