Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Need to redownload Online Armor Firewall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cryer
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Need to redownload Online Armor Firewall Reply with quote

My avast reported false postives, which let me think I had several infctions and I went to deleted them. Now that I know what was really happening, Online Armor now won't start for me, and that's my firewall. I need to redownload it so my computer doesn't stand out there protection-less.

Could someone help me in locating where to get Online Armor legit (I think there are some flase sites out there, not sure though), please?

Thanks
Tarq57
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the home page.
I was fairly involved in the FP issue with Avast, and know a reasonable amount about it.
If you haven't done so already, please update your VPS (definitions database.)
Start the AV application, and open the chest. Look in the "infected" files section only, and re-scan any files present. Chances are that some of them are from OnlineArmour, and following a clean scan, they should be restored using the right-click menu. A copy remains in the chest.
Any file that was quarantined that day that re-scans clean can also be restored. And in many cases, should be.

Anything you deleted instead of quarantining or moving is probably gone for good, I'm afraid.
Never use "delete" as a first option. Always quarantine or move. If you did delete files, and some of them belonged to OA, you will have to re-install it. There is a possibility that will be problematic due to missing files in the current installation. If so, post back here.

[added] Just seen your other recent post, here on this related issue.
Having updated your Avast VPS, do the programs you list that were affected now function correctly? Spybot, for example?
Even when the "no action" button is used following a detection, Avast will block the file from running until it thinks it is clean; it is not deleted (and I hope you didn't delete anything), it may just appear that way. Hence the importance of updating the VPS. The problem was caused by a corrupt update, that was remedied 5hr later, that flagged many files falsely. (Avast has issued an apology and information on how to fix it.)

As an interim measure, until you are in a position to re-activate OA, please turn on the Windows firewall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: