Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Google Toolbar vs. Yahoo Toolbar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sugreeva

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Google Toolbar vs. Yahoo Toolbar Reply with quote

i use Mozilla about 98% of the time. i'm using Windows XP.

i tend to have more pop-ups than i'm comfortable with while using Mozilla. in the 'options' feature, i do have the 'block pop-up window' ticked, so i don't understand why this is happening. i was thinking about adding either the Google toolbar or the Yahoo toolbar to my Mozilla browser because of their additional pop-up blocking features.

i have a couple general questions. which one is more efficient in blocking pop-ups? do either of these toolbars slow down performance of the computer? are either of them known for creating conflicts with other programs?

any advice would be appreciated.
goldengreek
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't like ANY toolbars, I feel they are spyware, themselves. What AV are you running that is allowing these pop-ups? I haven't had a pop-up in years.
sugreeva

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm using Avira Free Edition. it only happens when i visit one site in particular. that site will go unnamed at this time for discretionary reasons. still, i figure if it happens one that site, it could happen on any site.
goldengreek
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugreeva wrote:
i'm using Avira Free Edition. it only happens when i visit one site in particular. that site will go unnamed at this time for discretionary reasons. still, i figure if it happens one that site, it could happen on any site.
Naturally I'm going to tell you not to visit that site, anymore. What you are looking for is a pop-up blocker that will block pop-ups from visiting unsafe sites. A tool bar will not stop them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: