Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Online Armor and Avast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cryer
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Online Armor and Avast Reply with quote

I have some concerns/questions over two things on my computer. I wanted to post a topic on both of them, though they are seperate from each other.

ONLINE ARMOR
I replaced my previous firewall with Online Armor, and it was a wise choice. However, I was told of a flaw with it that is still the case now; the blue screen. From time to time, if something were to happen that I don't know of, the blue screen will pop up and I would have to restart my computer. On the blue screen, it states mostly something like this: DRIVER_MORE_OR_LESS_EQUAL. I don't know what that meant, nor do today. I don't want to get rid of it, but it doesn't mean this is something I like. So is there something I could do to make this blue screen stop, without getting rid of Onlien Armor.

P.S. If there is a better firewall out there, better than Online Armor along with good reactions to read about it, then could someone tell me what that is and the instructions on how I could get it installed?

AVAST!
Another thing is when I boot or reboot my computer, is how long it takes my Avast to getting running. I have 7 providers, and when it's done, 6 are suppose to be running. But for the most part, I might as well watch an episode or do something else, because in order to get there, it sometimes takes 20+ minutes for avast to get ready. Is there someway to decrease the time it takes to get it done when I boot/reboot my compuiter?

Thanks!
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to correct forum.
Osage
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To cryer,

Even if I do not now use online armor, its a fairly high rated firewall, and certainly not the only decent firewall. I can give you a link to matousec firewall comparatives.

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

As for the slow loading of Avast, that sounds more like a computer problem to me. Either not enough Ram or too many other programs on the start up list. I have a Avast on my wife's computer and it loads very fast at start up. She uses win XP home with 1 GB of ram. If you have something like vista with only 512 MB of ram, you could be seriously ram delimited. And having some bloat ware programs to go with it would add injury to insult.

Just my take, lets see what others say. But it would help to know more about your computer configuration to give proper advice. But you can also get a clue on free ram by going to system information which will list the amount of free ram. Or go start- run, type msconfig in the dialog box to see ram usage by various programs.
And no, Avast is not in the bloatware AV class. Abd for what its worth, Avast five final may be available very soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: