Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Strange Happenings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xtr-ChessReal
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Strange Happenings Reply with quote

I work puters and have never seen an issue like I am working now. Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

Its an XP 32bit machine. At logon screen shows a Windows Genuine Advantage Validation alert. option to fix now or resolve later. If I fix now the Validation site fails due to active x installation fail. No option to load it. Via safe mode at download center was able to get sp3 downloaded and installed. Windows update fails. Downloaded and ran malicious remover tool found nothing. Cannot update IE @ ver 6
or any other Microsoft update via Windows Update site.

Prior to the SP3 install Spybot S&D would not load its registry keys but since ran and found 11 trojans "My web search" all cleaned now.

Still can't load updates, still showing Genuine advantage Validation alerts.
Xtr-ChessReal
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure would like to beat this thing, learn from it, rather than wipe it and re-install.

I did a back up of everything. Kaspersky online scanner is not available, the trial version has not been sent, the puter wont let me install anything...nearly.

There is something just wrong with this...worried that a back and restore will just reinstall the issue what ever it is.

I'll start over and follow strict guidelines, did a HJT found a couple files missing and no name stuff but still can't load OS updates etc. cant load Chrome, or Firefox, forcing to use IE - hate that.

Can't download any DDS or Gmer.

I am following steps of similar issues posted here - can't download to the computer im working on.
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this your own computer or someone else's? Is it possible the OS is pirated?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: