Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

McAfee Security Suite and Advanced SystemCare (Free edition)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hallidayz_Inn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: McAfee Security Suite and Advanced SystemCare (Free edition) Reply with quote

Has anyone had any trouble with ASC (specifically the "Game Booster" utility infecting computer with a virus? I have ASC Pro on my desktop, but only the free version on my laptop (since my kids don't use it), yet, after running GameBooster yesterday, McAfee suddenly notified me my computer had been infected with a virus. Now I'm stuck in limbo waiting for some response to my HJT log... ugh! AND we have been dealing with identity theft on my mom's banking account which I do online banking for her. Any suggestions or experiences u could share would be encouraging while I sit and wait.
roger_m
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Booster, and all of the software from IoBit is clean.

Either the virus came from another source, or it's a false posative - McAfee is incorrectly reporting a clean file as being infected.
Hallidayz_Inn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Thank U!! Reply with quote

That's good to know, I appreciate your time and attention. You have put a smile on my face after a long stressful day! Smile
Osage
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly would not disagree with roger_m or want to wipe any smiles off your face, but its fairly easy to go on line, and take any one of a number of free on line virus scans to get a second opinion.

I would recommend the ones from Bit Defender or Kaspersky. Just google "free on line virus scans" without the quotes.

As for iobit, I use a number of their programs and I trust them.

In terms of doing on line banking, IMHO, its best done using a limited account. And with a full software restriction policy if your OS supports it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: