Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

IE8 Tops Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari with Security

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldengreek
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: IE8 Tops Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari with Security Reply with quote

Shocked http://news.softpedia.com/news/IE8-Tops-Firefox-3-Chrome-2-Opera-10-and-Safari-4-with-Security-Features-119284.shtml
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing at your Shocked but I had the same reaction.
Osage
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see if I can quite get my arms around this, the thesis being that social engineered phishing protection, which is the prime danger to only the most gullible, is the end all be all of browser protection to strive for.

And protecting and parching the browser against newly found security holes with speed and dispatch is not worth anything because we are
oooooooonly looking at phishing protection as the sole criteria.

But I bet you I can use only IE8 and find nearly every phishing site on the planet anyway. Get your malware, hot fresh malware, at the bargain price of free free free. All you have to do is just click this little link that pops up.

And here, silly me, I thought some common sense and skepticism was the better way. But after some though, I am moved to propose the ultimate in browser safety, a web browser that goes no where on the internet, blocks all incoming and outgoing internet connections, idiot proof protection through the marvels of complete censorship.
goldengreek
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osage wrote:

I am moved to propose the ultimate in browser safety, a web browser that goes no where on the internet, blocks all incoming and outgoing internet connections, idiot proof protection through the marvels of complete censorship.
Applause Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: