Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Is blender ok?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omegahpla
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Is blender ok? Reply with quote

Hi, blender has been helping me out on a couple of infected machines and she just dropped off around the 12th and hasn't been around since. The only way I've spoken with her is from this forum so I don't have any way of knowing if anything happened to her.

I've known her since 2007 when she helped me fix an infected machine, but only in the hjt help thread thing. She talked to be about malware U which I started and was learning until I spilled salt water on my laptop and totally fried it (darn those myth busters anyway lol) after I got another machine I was so busy and things were so tight and all my stuff was on the laptop so I didn't pick it back up but I looked in from time to time here and sent people. The education helped me out quite a bit though and helped me help others in a limited way, nothing like you do here. Then lately I got a couple of killer malware problems and blender picked up my logs again : ).

Anyway she just disappeared and I've never seen her do that and I have no way of knowing if something happened to her unless someone her knows her and what's gone on. It doesn't seem like her to just quit this and disappear without saying something unless she couldn't. She mentioned that her job was keeping her very busy, and I don't know what she does or if her job could take her away someplace on a trip suddenly and she's just working and fine. I don't know her well enough to assume I'm a friend or anything, but I really like her, she's a great lady who gives a lot to a lot of people, and I find myself concerned about what happened and if she's ok.

If anyone knows anything it would be ok to tell me I'd really like to know if she's ok. Thanks
TeMerc
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's fine, I just sent her this link.

Ultimate Countermeasures Page
Calendar Of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
omegahpla
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know, thanks : )

... I didn't want to bother her, just wanted to know.
Gary R

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blender has been having connection problems on and off for some time (many are weather related), and unfortunately that's meant she's sometimes had to be absent from this forum.

We all appreciate the selfless work she does here, and it's nice to hear that others do too.

If you've been helped, please donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site .... Spyware Warrior Donations
omegahpla
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gary, there is no way I couldn't appreciate blender. She's saved me from some nasty stuff and she's always patient and great about everything, even when I did something stupid.

That extends to you Gary in spades, because this site is an awesome resource. You also personally corresponded with me back in I guess it was January 06 when I got screwed over by a rouge site before I found yours.

I know this takes a lot of your time and I really appreciate what you do, and I've used it to help a lot of people I know.

I wanted to join you guys and talked to blender about it, and started at Malware U until I destroyed my computer with all my work on it and there was time before I could afford another one. You have to understand my life is crazy, my X poisoned me and I had to have her removed and I have 4 daughters. I have chronic health problems that ebb and flow that are probably a result of being poisoned over time with different substances. Docs can't seem to do much and I don't have much money to go into it.

If my life was normal I'd join you. I might give it a crack again some day. I hate malware and the scum who put it out (who doesn't?) and I am glad you are here doing what you do. Just your information about rouge spyware is like a map to a mine field we have to navigate all the time.

What you do here is a great thing, and I' see the threads and there are more that I don't even know who do a lot of helping of a lot of people.
TeMerc
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, that gal is the hardest working person I know of in security.

I know of only one other person who puts in almost the same amount of endless hours she does, usually days at a time too.

Too bad we can't clone her. Razz

Ultimate Countermeasures Page
Calendar Of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Talk About It All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: