Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Windows 7 Beta major bug fix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger_m
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 Beta major bug fix Reply with quote

Quote:
Microsoft has fixed a bug in the Windows 7 Beta feedback infrastructure, which caused various applications running on top of the operating system to crash. The Redmond company acknowledged the presence of the bug initially reported by Chris123nt as an issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program, namely the Software Quality Metrics SQM) client. At the time this article was being written the software giant had already made available a fix for the problem through the Action Center component of Windows 7 Beta Build 7000.

Windows 7 Beta Customer Experience Improvement Program Fix AvailableThrough the platform's Action Center By Marius Oiaga, Technology News Editor

21st of January 2009, 11:11 GMT

Adjust text size:

Microsoft has fixed a bug in the Windows 7 Beta feedback infrastructure, which caused various applications running on top of the operating system to crash. The Redmond company acknowledged the presence of the bug initially reported by Chris123nt as an issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program, namely the Software Quality Metrics SQM) client. At the time this article was being written the software giant had already made available a fix for the problem through the Action Center component of Windows 7 Beta Build 7000.

“Microsoft deployed a configuration change, which exposed this (installer) problem. New machines installing Windows 7 Beta will not experience this problem. An issue related to the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP also known as SQM) client in the Windows 7 Beta is causing crashes of Explorer, MSI-based installers and other applications. In order to resolve the issue, impacted customers need to run the following script from an elevated command prompt. This script will stop crashes related to CEIP, and removes those changes (registry keys) to prevent further CEIP related crashes,” the company revealed.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-7-Beta-Customer-Experience-Improvement-Program-Fix-Available-102523.shtml

This fix worked for me. For the last few days some programs have been crashing when I try to run them, and for a while Windoze update would crash when I opened that. I tried to fix the problems with System File Checker, but it found no errors to be fixed. I tried in vain several times to repair my Windows by doing an upgrade install, however everytime it failed.

Then I found the above fix, and everything is working again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: