Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

RUBotted, anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anartist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: RUBotted, anyone? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried Trend Micro's RUBotted [beta]? I couldn't find it on any of the sites I trusted, like download.com oreven tucows. Trend Micfo's own site didn't have it. I'd like to try it, but just don't know anything about the sites where it is offered. Is this because it's beta?
Advice anyone?
ld
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had never heard of RUBotted until your post. I went to google and searched and first hit was www.trendsecure.com. Looks pretty legit but malware authors have been setting up domains that look similar to an antivirus company for a long time. I went to trendmicro.com and in the search box typed RUBotted and first hit was housecall.trendmicro.com. This site I am familiar with. In the bottom right is a graphic link "Free: Trend Micro RUBotted". This takes you to www.trendsecure.com
anartist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I feel a lot better knowing that Trend Micro acknowledges its existence. Is it typical that a for-profit company tries to distance itself from its freeware, even if the freeware [like HijackThis] has become a significant success?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: