Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Report Slams U.S. Host as Major Source of Badware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spyware/Adware in the News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Report Slams U.S. Host as Major Source of Badware Reply with quote

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2008/08/report_slams_us_host_as_major.html

Quote:
Last week, I examined a series of Web services that make profiting from cyber crime a point-and-click exercise that even the most novice hackers can master. Today, I'd like to highlight the activities of Atrivo, a Concord, Calif., based network provider that hosts some of these services.

Several noted security researchers are releasing a report today that stems from many months of investigating malicious activity emanating from Atrivo's customers. Security experts say that Atrivo, also known as "Intercage," has long been a major source of spyware, adware, viruses and fake anti-virus products.

The report is an exhaustive and well-researched analysis of Atrivo and its operations. Some of the statistics on active exploits cited in that report come from data sets I commissioned during my own investigation of Atrivo and later shared with Jart Armin, the principal author of the report and curator of the blog hostexploit.com

There's lots more with links and charts. Well worth the read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spyware/Adware in the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: