Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Windows mail deleted items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heatherh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Windows mail deleted items Reply with quote

Hi im using windows mail in vista home premium for my mail the problem i have is that i cant empty the deleted items folder as some of the mail in there is in an error state, it says message cannot be displayed.
then Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

I know that i dont have a problem with disc space or low memory, so could some please tell me how i can get rid of these messages.

Thank you in advance.

Heather
Heatherh

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am wondering is there no one out there that can give me an answer on this i now have over 7000 email in my deleted folder that i cant get rid of and they are causing windows mail to slow down alot, i need to get rid of them CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP
roger_m
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail&tid=dc41cfc9-198e-4690-9c06-3ee62a8cd102&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1

if that doesn't help have a look on Google Groups http://groups.google.com.au/groups?hl=en&resnum=0&q=%22Windows%20Mail%20encountered%20an%20unexpected%20problem%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wg
goldengreek
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As roger_m said, or do what I did. Dump the fricken Windows mail and replace it with Thunderbird. Works much better Smile http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/
Heatherh

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ill try the first one and see how that goes if not ill look at the second option and see whats what.

Once again thank you
Heatherh

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i uninstall windows mail without any problems and use thunderbird or should i just install thunderbird and make it the default mail program ??? im not all that happy with windows mail at the moment and i think a change is a good idea.

Ive tried to do the delete msmessage store thing but even with the hidden files showing i dont see that file in the windows mail file, so i cant do it. And ive downloaded the so called fix from microsoft and it hasnt done any thing either so i think ill download thunderbird.

Oh does it work with gmail.??????
goldengreek
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heatherh wrote:
can i uninstall windows mail without any problems and use thunderbird or should i just install thunderbird and make it the default mail program ??? im not all that happy with windows mail at the moment and i think a change is a good idea.

Ive tried to do the delete msmessage store thing but even with the hidden files showing i dont see that file in the windows mail file, so i cant do it. And ive downloaded the so called fix from microsoft and it hasnt done any thing either so i think ill download thunderbird.

Oh does it work with gmail.??????
Just install Thunderbird and make it your default. I am not sure about gmail as I don't use it.
Heatherh

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Thank you ive done that, now all i need to do is find my way round it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: