Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

New auto-spam? (Possibly from same Spam engine)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tripkill201
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: New auto-spam? (Possibly from same Spam engine) Reply with quote

I've gotten 2 spam emails from auto-spam engines most likely. The senders are:

von.mark25@ voila.fr

Notice_11@ satx.rr.com

Notice11 sent me a nice "WINNING NOTICE" spam, and von.mark sent me a nice "GOOD NEWS" spam e-mail.

However, I refuse to open spam mail, as I am afraid of spyware/adware download links in the e-mail, and me accidentally clicking one of them.

(I put spaces in the mail addresses above, applying the "break the link" rule to the mailing addresses.)

The stakes are immense, the task colossal, the time is short. But we may hope ó we must hope ó that manís own creation, manís own genius, will not destroy him. -Albert Einstein
olliver
Expert Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New auto-spam? (Possibly from same Spam engine) Reply with quote

tripkill201 wrote:
I've gotten 2 spam emails from auto-spam engines most likely.

What do you define as "auto-spam engine"? I'm asking because this expression isn't well defined as Google shows:
http://www.google.com/search?q=auto-spam+engine

Quote:
The senders are:
von.mark25@ voila.fr
Notice_11@ satx.rr.com

Whether they have or have not sent anything can't be determined without evidence.

Quote:
Notice11 sent me a nice "WINNING NOTICE" spam, and von.mark sent me a nice "GOOD NEWS" spam e-mail.

I have no idea how "WINNING NOTICE" or "GOOD NEWS" spam looks like, because there's no commonly used definition for it.

Quote:
However, I refuse to open spam mail, as I am afraid of spyware/adware download links in the e-mail, and me accidentally clicking one of them.

Then what's the point of writing about spam you never opened? Just posting two email addresses is not really helpful for anyone. In case you want to contribute your spam collection to the public, the best way to achieve it is to:
  • Add the mail headers (probably you want to redact the account it was sent to)
  • The mail body (unless it's all hash buster or a image, pdf or whatever extension spam)
  • Optionally describe what part of the received lines did originate from your mail server, so the presumable sender can be determined (or mark this line yourself if you know what you are doing)

This way interested parties can do a research on that matter and compare it with previous incidents.

Olliver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: