Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Kaspersky Internet Security 6 for $18.95

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger_m
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Kaspersky Internet Security 6 for $18.95 Reply with quote

Indian software developer Systweak http://www.systweak.com is currently giving away Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 with any software purchased.

According to the website you get a one year license, but from what I've been reading you actually get a three year license.

The cheapest program they sell is memory zipper plus for $18.95. Not really a useful program in my opinion, but Kaspersky normally sells for $69.95 for 1 year, and $139.95 for 3 years.

I bought this a few days a ago and the next day was emailed a download link and a valid activation code for Kaspersky Internet Security.

It installed without any problems - but it requires a reboot to start working. When I've rebooted I will find out if it is a 1 or 3 year license. I only reboot when Windows starts crashing so it may be a few days.

Anyway there is a discussion about this over @ Wilders http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=169532
roger_m
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway for a long time I've been using no anti-virus or firewall software (except for XP's own firewall). And while I actually never get viruses this seemed like too good a deal to pass up on.
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good deal. I've seen Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security in stores with 100% rebates a few times. I bought KAV 6.0 for $59.99 plus tax at CompUSA a few months ago and got a $60 rebate. I was so excited! Very Happy

I've seen a few similar deals since then on both KAV and KIS.
roger_m
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I rebooted and it is a 3 year license, so I'm very happy now Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: