Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Callwave information wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PattyB
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Callwave information wanted Reply with quote

Hi

I thought I would ask if anyone here has had or knows anyone who has had issues with callwave.

Years ago when callwave first came out I downloaded and used their answering machine program. (way back when I had dialup)
I canceled it back in late 2003.

Would you believe callwave is still answering my phone when it's busy? I have been around and around with callwave to get them to remove their service from my telephone. They say it's removed but apparentlly it's not. It's still answering when my line is busy. Not a big deal but I don't want to get surprised with a bill. (they tried that once already)

Callwave claims it's because the phone company, Verizon, still has call busy forwarding on my line. The phone company says it does not. It's a billable service and its not on my phone bill or my line.

I just don't know what else to do. I've been fighting this since early 2004. Does anyone have any ideas?
Maybe write the public utility commission?

The phone company suggested to change my phone number but that would be a total pita. Plus, if I did change my number, I might get someone elses problems.
PattyB
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I finally found a termination telephone number for Callwave.

He really wasn't much help. Said my service had been cancelled years ago and the last time callwave answered my phone was in 2005. He said callwave is not answering my phone. His view was if it is, it's not hurting anything so why worry about it.

Well geesh! What if my doctor or my sisters attorney called and let a message with callwave and they assumed we got the message?

I mean Publishers Clearing House could be calling to tell me I won a million dollars! Shocked

I hung up from him and called sister in another state. She tried to call and sure enough callwave answered.

I called repair at verizon and the service tech said he knew exactly what I was talking about. He helped someone a few weeks ago get it off their line.

He said it should be taken care of by tomorrow or even this evening. He seemed to be pretty confident that he could get rid of it.
herbalist
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Call Wave for years. Just switched to DSL last fall. I was paying Call Wave 3 months at a time. When I cancelled it last November, I still had a month left. Had no problems with them cancelling when they were supposed to, or with anything else for that matter.

If I remember right, I had to cancel the "forward when busy" feature myself thru the phone company. If your calls are still forwarding to Call Wave, your phone company hasn't cancelled the forward when busy, whether they're billing you for it or not. The problem is Verison, not Call Wave. I had problems with Verison as well with services/features.
No longer their customer.
Rick
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PattyB
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Verizon called last night to let me know Callwave was off my line.

I did ask her if the problem was on her end and she said YES Shocked

After all the years of fussing with Callwave and Verizon saying "it's not us" it was them!

I did check, and for sure it's gone.
herbalist
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. Call Wave was pretty good for us. I especially liked that it displayed the callers number even though we didn't have caller ID, which would have cost far more than Call Wave did!
Never had any real problems with their software, save an occasional complaint from SSM and Kerio when they wanted to update. If I ever had to go back to dial-up, I'd use them again.
Rick
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Talk About It All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: