Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Greatings Eveyone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trustsoft_Dir.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Greatings Eveyone Reply with quote

Thank you for the wonderful site, I am the Director of Business Development at Trustsoft Inc. I am joining this site for many reasons but the main reason is to better our products to fit your needs and meet your expectations. I look forward to all of your input and information.

Best Regards,

Alexander Massa
Director of Business Development
TrustSoft Inc.
1330 Post Oak blvd, suite 2300
Houston, TX 77056 USA
www.TrustSoft.com
713.255.2566 office
713.255.2584 fax
Gary R

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Note on Trustsoft AntiSpyware: In August 2005, Trustsoft released its new anti-spyware product, Trustsoft AntiSpyware. We have tested and reviewed this product and can find nothing in the performance of the product itself to suggest that it should be listed here on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware page.

Nonetheless, we do urge users to exercise caution with this product, as the vendor behind this product was prosecuted by the Federal Trade Commission in June of 2005 for a range of unfair and deceptive practices related to the company's earlier anti-spyware product, SpyKiller 2005. See below for more details on this case.

FTC Strikes Again [26 June 2005]

On June 23, 2005, just 3 months after moving against SpywareAssassin, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission announced that it had taken action against Trustsoft, the company behind SpyKiller 2005, an "anti-spyware" product that has been listed on these pages since June 26, 2004 (the very day this list was first published). In its complaint, the FTC specifically named several of the more deceptive and unfair practices that are employed by many of the "anti-spyware" applications listed on this page, namely:

* falsely claiming to have scanned users' PCs remotely and detected "spyware"
* using high pressure sales tactics through pop-ups and spam to compel users to buy its application, SpyKiller 2005
* selling an "anti-spyware" product that falsely detects "spyware" on users' PCs
* selling an "anti-spyware" product that fails to remove a substantial amount of "spyware" from users' PCs

The FTC secured a temporary restraining order on June 1, followed by preliminary injunction on June 14.

Hope this means a change of attitude to some of your former practices.

If you've been helped, please donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site .... Spyware Warrior Donations
Trustsoft_Dir.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have released a new application and adopted a 15 day trial evaluation model, as well as dramatically improving the application. Also many of the FTC claims where absolutly false and where very missleading in there claims. At any rate I would like to invite you to try our new application it's free and you can make your own assesment.
I look forward to your feedback.
Gary R

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have a VM available at the moment, and I'm careful about what I let onto my working box. But I'm sure that someone will take up your offer.

If you've been helped, please donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site .... Spyware Warrior Donations
Chachazz
Update Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further promotion of your product could be considered as spamming
the forums - and produce lack of trust, as seen in the past with various vendors.

Gladiator Security | Member A.S.A.P.
Oldfrog
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome here. It is always good to have vendor reps drop by and exchange info and ideas. If you do much reading here you will find that we have several current and have had others in the past. Since your former product is gone and the new one is not on our list I will accept both of you as legitimate.
Nick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site. You should start a topic in the Antispyware forum, since it will get more feedback than here. If you are trying turn over a new leaf, open communications is key.
Recon Man
Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone Very Happy ,

I'd be the first to admit that I had gotten burned by the SpyKiller 2005 scam and know first-hand that the application was every bit the piece of crapware that it was found to be.

But, I digress.

Welcome, Trustsoft_Dir., to this forum. It is my sincerest hope that you may find your personal experience here to be a positive one.

Best Regards,

Recon Man Wink
Trustsoft_Dir.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone Very Happy for your welcomes also it is not my intention to promote my product here as this is not a commercial group, this is a group of experinced users whom I hope will help to improve our product for the "newbie" user.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: