Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

overblown news

View previous topic :: View next topic  
webworm98
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: overblown news Reply with quote

Normally, I put this in Spyware/Adware in the News I figure it should go here. I think the statement on this page is bit overblown

Link no longer valid. Removed

Quote:
Today, unfortunately, itís unlikely that you will use your computer for extended periods online without attracting some type of spyware. Knowing the behaviour of the most common types can help, as can running at least one well-respected antispyware utility on a regular, even weekly basis. Keep in mind, too, that not all anti- spyware software is equally effective at removing all types of spyware. So it makes sense to employ two or more anti-spyware packages.

I am online for extend period of times, I have yet see any alerts popup from unknown sources.

I did get two spyware/adaware not bad for being online for years. One is called nemo1.exe, the other is called Weatherbug-lets not get into that debate. Avg free caught nemo, when it started to install and crashed the program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: