Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Have ?, virus XMLid.Exploit, please help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Virus, Worm &Trojan Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jen147

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Have ?, virus XMLid.Exploit, please help! Reply with quote

Today I was on PC Magazine's website viewing the new threats, I clicked some information that lead me to Sans.org, there I saw a link to Browsercheck.qualys.com so I went there and began to take the tests to check my browser security level. After a couple of tests my Norton Internet Security 2005 came up with a Warning window that it had detected the virus XMLid.Exploit, but had failed to delete the file. Here is what the Activity log from Norton shows:

Feature: Auto-Protect
Threat Name: XMLid.Exploit
Action Taken: Access Denied
Item Type: File
Target: N/A
Suspicious Action: N/A
Virus Definition Version: 200507270008
Product Version: 11.0.11.4

Feature: Auto-Protect
Threat Name: XMLid.Exploit
Action Taken: Repair Failed
Item Type: File
Target: N/A
Suspicious Action: N/A
Virus Definition Version: 200507270008
Product Version: 11.0.11.4

Source: C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0JGZ4REB\index[10].htm
Click for more information about this threat : XMLid.Exploit

So of course I stop everything I'm doing and close everything out. Then run a scan with Norton, which takes over 30 minutes, it found nothing. So I go to the Symantec Support site, which is absolutely useless!! Took me forever just to find some kind of help that was barely even close to the issue I was experiencing. For Threats that could not be repaired it said to go into safe mode run a scan and fix it there, so I go into safe mode but Norton Internet Security will not open I get a error message that says "Symantec Integrator has encountered a problem and needs to close." Then asks if I want to send an error report to Microsoft. I don't know what else to do. I didn't really know where to post this question either. If anybody can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I have HijackThis if you need me to post the log. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Virus, Worm &Trojan Alerts All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: