Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Memomail

View previous topic :: View next topic  
travelage14

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Memomail Reply with quote

I have been getting these random ads from memomail. They have all sorts of products, from dryers(today's ad) to telephone service. The most irritating thing is that they don't have a "remove from the list" link. I don't have a way to block them. Please help, because this is what should happen to every spammer Guy with axe
MadameX
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the reply link to have yourself removed from the list doesn't work and only confirms that your email addy is valid.

I found a long time ago, after an experiment, that the majority of the so-called links were bogus. And even when they did work, or said the removal was successful, I still got the spam.

Try using a spamblocking program like Mailwasher. If you use your ISP addy, most provide a spamblock feature to filter the messages.

If you are getting pop-ups, too, you can use a pop-up blocker. Many ISPs have them integrated into their software. Also, I believe almost all the browsers now have a popup blocker. Firefox, from Mozilla, automatically does it, but you can configure it to allow certain popups, like private message windows on forums like this.

Does that help you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: