Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

F-secure's RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Virus, Worm &Trojan Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadiebee
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: F-secure's RSS Feed Reply with quote

Having got an absolute rollicking earlier for posting a link at spywarewarrior.com,I feel obliged to write a dislaimer.LOL.

I am posting the following link,which is the feed of F-Secure' weblog (the anti-virus company)

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/weblog.rdf

They also do a great one listing all the current viruses:

http://www.europe.f-secure.com/exclude/vdesc-xml/latest_50.rss

I don't know how interested in RSS feeds most people are,but I think they're brilliant (as long as they are not on my blog).

I have used a lot of computer-related feeds on a Mambo site.The reasoning behind it being that the site belongs to a womens' group.The membership is populated by a generation which isn't perhaps as enamoured by Internet technology as we all are.

The RSS feeds represent a stream of constantly updated information which isn't too heavy-going.

From SANS,we get the alerts,from f-secure virus descriptions,PC World has a list of top ten downloads.Needless to say,Spybot Search And Destroy never drops from the Top Ten,so there's one gizmo everyone visiting the site becomes aquainted with..

I suppose,what I'm trying to say is that RSS feeds are can be a very positive addition to a site which has nothing whatsoever to do with security.

A feminist website would be the last place you'd expect to stumble across computer-security info.Yet of course,the visitors are on computers,connected to the Internet and they have to come across this kind of information somehow.

They wont look for it-not because they're stupid (quite the opposite),but perhaps because they're of a generation which is more trusting and can't fathom in their wildest dreams just how bad it is out there!

If anyone is interested,I can post the RSS feeds relating to the Internet/security etc that are pretty good in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Virus, Worm &Trojan Alerts All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: