Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Privacy and Disclaimer

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Terms of Use & Guidelines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Privacy and Disclaimer Reply with quote

This forum uses cookies when you visit - a session cookie which expires in one hour, or a permanent cookie if you check the "keep me logged in" box when you register and login.

The forum software also records the IP address of anyone who posts here. The IP addess is only visible to moderators and admins. Every website you visit records your IP address, which is not personally identifying to you.

You are required to provide your email address to register. We recommned that you choose the option in your profile to hide your email address and we ask that you do not post your email address in the forum. If you do, it will most likely be removed. This is due to the spambots that roam the web collecting email addresses which are then sold to spam organizations.

SpywareWarrior will not sell or give away your email address, IP address or any other information you wish to share with us unless required to do so for legal reasons.

When posting a HijackThis log, you should be aware that personally identifying information may be visible in the log. This would occur if your user account has your real name, for example:

C:\Documents and Settings\Firstname Lastname\My Documents\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

Your name could be displayed in other lines as well. If you are concerned about PII being displayed in your HijackThis log, please PM an admin or moderator and we will make arrangements so you will not be identified.

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise. We make every attempt to ensure that the help and advice posted is accurate and will not cause harm to your computer. However, we do not guarantee that they are accurate and they are to be used at your own risk.

If you are thinking about sending me email, consider this:

WARNING: I reserve the right to use any email you send to me as either a testimonial of how great this site is, or as an (rare) example of the stupid things people send to me via e-mail. If you do not want your e-mail to be used in such a manner, mark it confidential....

Updated 11-02-2005
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Terms of Use & Guidelines All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: