Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Problem with new browsers loading...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnRLeslie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Problem with new browsers loading... Reply with quote

When I go into a website and click on a link (one that will open a new browser) the new browser won't load! All I get is a title (the blue at the top) and the rest is see-through, it never loads. My system is clean of spyware/viruses, etc, so I don't know what would be causing this or how to fix it. Anyone know? Thanks.
Even on this website when the PM mini browser pops up I see the heading in blue but no page, not even a blank background.

Thanks to anyone who has a suggestion.

Update: I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and the "popup broswers" work on it! So, if anyone knows why it just won't work with Internet Explorer let me know...thanks!
JohnRLeslie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Anyone? Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about this?
Honorary Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would depend on what restrictions you have in place for IE, and what other security apps are in place.

"Open page in new Window", for example...and how you have the settings for MS/AS if you have it installed.

If you really want everything locked down in IE, then links probably won't work to open a new Window.
SP2 has a pop-up blocker, I believe, which may be part of the problem.

If you want to try a 'real' option for Tabbed Browsing, I would recommend Opera and only use IE for ONE window at a time (only to get the Critical Updates).
Not only can you open in new window, you can open in new page, thereby having several Windows open, with several pages open in each window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: