Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Research Help Needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComputerTech

Location: Science Applications International Corporation - Maryland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Research Help Needed Reply with quote

I am researching different spyware programs for my companies Corporate Spyware Solution. If anybody out there knows where I can download spyware please post the link to the website, the name of the spyware, and the spyware catagory (ie. adware, RAT Ansi Bomb, etc.). Thank you all in advance for your help! Laughing
~*Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind. ----Romans 6:23, For the wages of sin is death but, the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.*~
mikey
Malware Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want means to a solution, why not just google up all the thousands of pages dealing with it. If your looking for a good enterprise solution that gives admin full control, you might check out Abtrusion Protector.

As for wanting 'spyware' files, all you need to do is look around.

Everytime I've seen someone ask questions like this, my thought is that a disgruntled employee with little knowledge is looking for a malicious way to hurt the company.

If your company's admin aren't up to the task of security, I suggest you find others.

UbuntuStudio...community supported multi-media development optimization.

-
ComputerTech

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I will check out the program! I have been searching the net for "spyware files". I have come up with some good ones. I have got Claria, ProBot, and some others but, it has proven to be a pain to find certain types. Some of these or ANSI Bombs, Password Crackers, etc. So i posed this hoping someone could help me out and save me some time. I guess I should have explained why I wanted these files (so you wouldnt think I am disgruntaled =p), sorry about that.

I am 1 computer tech in a department of 10. We have all downloaded trial versions of differnt antispyware programs. (IE. i have PestPatrol) in an attemp to find one that would be good for our corprate solution. Our company deals closely with the government so, we have a lot of secret and top secret information to deal with. We can not afford to have our security compramized by these different spyware issues. as I said before, I should have had all of this in my original post.

Anyways, again I ask for your assistance. If you know where to locate some of the more malicious "spyware files" like ANSI Bombs, RAT's, etc. I would appreciate your help.

*I realize that I most likely do sound like an angry employee looking to cause trouble. I wish I could prove otherwise but, there just is no way to do that in a forum post. If you opt to withhold the requested information from me, I respect your decision. Honestly, I would probably do the same thing in your shoes. Thank you all for your assistance*
~*Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind. ----Romans 6:23, For the wages of sin is death but, the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.*~
mikey
Malware Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your profile shows you as an American. In order to get sensitive gov contracts, you and all sub-contractors would be required to meet DOD specs beforehand. If you have concerns about any of your layers, simply voice them to your DOD rep.

If you need help, I can refer you to many gov certified security consultants/contractors who can maintain your sys to spec.

EDIT

-

Last edited by mikey on Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ComputerTech

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I understand your concern. Thank you for your assistance. Very Happy I will have to live with what I have found on the internet. My last question is, what does DOD stand for?
mikey
Malware Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck.

DOD = Department of Defense

-
Silvia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I don't sound like some paranoid schmuck, but I would expect some more expertise from someone who claimes to be a computer tech at a company, who workes with classified information. Embarassed

But, don't get me wrong: Recently a Dutch public prosecutor put his computer with the trash, along with all the confidential information on it. Crime reports including the names of witnesses and possible suspects, personal credit card numbers, social security & tax information, passwords and last but not least: love letters of the officer in question, hit the streets. Shocked

Related links:
Prosecutor leaves crime files on dumped PC
Prosecutor resigns over hacked PC
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hope I don't sound like some paranoid schmuck, but I would expect some more expertise from someone who claimes to be a computer tech at a company, who workes with classified information.

No, you don't sound paranoid and I agree - I would expect the same. I tbink someone was putting us on. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Talk About It All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: