Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Hello From Tennessee - USA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcdonha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Hello From Tennessee - USA Reply with quote

Good morning suzi and all the others! I started having malware and other problems several months ago. My daughter and wife was looking and downloading just about everything. I thought Norton AntiVirus and Zone Alarms Firewall would stop everything. Boy was I wrong! I started looking on the internet and found the techguyforum. They have helped me alot but I am looking for more help and a forum that is not quite so big.
Suzi, I am a retired paramedic and firefighter. I retired as a battalion chief with my department after 20 years. I got hurt near a fire scene and had to have my back ray caged fused in 1997. I went back to work for a year but my doctor made me quit. I am working for the one of the biggest wireless carriers - right now doing LNP transfer.
I hope to be an asset to you and may also write for help. I started in computers with the first original IBM pc.

Thanks,
mcdonha
wawadave
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning and wellcome here! Cool
Installing Vista http://tinyurl.com/2l9qyd
Gecko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fighter becomes a warrior, excellent! Greetings to you Very Happy
iceblue
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Boot Camp Reply with quote

Gday mcdonha and welcome!You may be interested in seeing what boot camp has to offer - your background in PCs would serve you well.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32637&st=0
hth
Ice
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mcdonha and welcome! Very Happy It's nice to have you here. I'm a RN case manager working with people injured on the job and I have worked with some with some who had fusions similar to yours. So I know what people go through with that. I hope you are doing well with it.

By all means, if you are interested in joining the fight against spyware, we would love to have you as a helper when you learn the ropes. Very Happy
mcdonha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the reply! I want to learn the ropes with malware and viruses. I am nearly thru lacking 12 semester hours in college with a computer information systems degree so I can use this at work. My goal is to be in tech support and be a CIW (Certified Internet Web Master) and a Security Analyst.

I have a ways to go so I am ready for the ride and fight against this mess on my computer and to have the ability to help others. My training so far is software based. I want to get an A+ cert. plus other things. Where do you start learning about malware, viruses and etc.? I want to be able to read my own log files.

Thanks from middle Tennessee! Sorry about the slow reply... Had to carry my mother to south AL for a break from me or vice versa.

Regards,
mcdonha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: