Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

System Problem After Loading Spyware Doctor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrankLP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: System Problem After Loading Spyware Doctor Reply with quote

Hi all newbie here,
Great board you all have going here! Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...moderator(s) please relocate it accordingly. I tried searching but couldn't quite find an answer to my problem...and I emailed PCTools on 09/01 but have not heard back.
Since loading Spyware Doctor, I am unable to manage files (copy, paste, etc) when in "my computer" or "explorer" (either by righ clicking or by using commands under the edit menu). When I try to do this, the system waits (hourglass) then returns me to the desktop...ARGH! I can only manage files by drag/drop. I can however, perform all these functions if I'm within an application (Word, Excel, etc).

Is this due to something with Spyware Doctor, or something completely different? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
mikey
Malware Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not to fond of SpywareDoctor but I don't think just installing it would cause such as you describe.

This sounds like a prob with associations. XP is famous for loosing associations. Is this XP?

If so, Doug's file assoc. fixes may be a cure. http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm You weren't real specific in detail but it sounds like it might be folder assoc.

UbuntuStudio...community supported multi-media development optimization.

-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: