Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

legalart post about spywarenuker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spyware/Adware in the News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webhelper
SWW Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: legalart post about spywarenuker Reply with quote

legalart
I have removed your post about the spywarenuker claim because the way it stood it leaves us open for abuse from them. Please do not post that you here from various sources unless you can provide links to the evidence to support any claims made.

In due time, Trekdata will meet their fall but as it stands now they install adware that is clearly in their EULA's at 2 sites and their new spywarenuker software does not contain adware or spyware as I have already installed and tested it.

You post is safe for now and can come back into the public view if you can post hard evidence to back up the claims you made.

Thank you,
Webhelper
legalart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a copy of the complaint on my desktop. It is a public document copies available at U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. Just trying to help. Spyware Warriors huh, sheesh.

Last edited by legalart on Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
TeMerc
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if there is one thing NOT to do, is post something in a forum such as this and not have anything to link to evidence and proof. I support WebHelpers removal of your post.
And if it is indeed a legal document, someone here will track it down, then we can all see the actual proof, not someones alleged accusations.

Ultimate Countermeasures Page
Calendar Of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a copy of the complaint on my desktop. It is a public document copies available at U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. Just trying to help. Spyware Warriors huh, sheesh.

Do you know if the document will be posted on the state of California's website?

I did an extensive search of tech/news sites, but didn't find anything.
legalart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a public document. It will be posted on the website of the Southern District of California U.S. District Court and will be accessible through a service called PACER. I believe you have to be a subscriber of PACER to access it.
webhelper
SWW Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legalart wrote:
It is a public document. It will be posted on the website of the Southern District of California U.S. District Court and will be accessible through a service called PACER. I believe you have to be a subscriber of PACER to access it.

That is correct but there is a charge so you have to send in money to cover your costs plus a wait of up to 2 weeks. I already checked it out. That is not public and I don't see users flocking to pay a state government to see a document, so until it is publically available for all to see, it is not official. Hard proof is where you can show links so all can see the evidence. The Internet is Global not part of California.
YUGWEN
Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Don't get discouraged! Reply with quote

legalart,

Don't get discouraged about your post. Angel Please understand that places like this web board are ALWAYS in the kill zone for big, bad companies and their lawyers. Even though what is said on these boards is the truth, it isn't always that easy to defend it or prove it in a court of law against some megacorp's slick attorney team, and it isn't free either. Brick wall

When they want to shut someone down, they just sue them. Mad They have the money and attorney's to throw around, and the only way to avoid them is to stay off of their radar. If you really want to get the information you have out so everyone can benifit from it, just wait until it becomes more public through your current source or maybe find it somewhere else so you have it for reference. Idea

SPAM/SPYWARE/MALWARE/HIJACKWARE/etc. is a battleground pitting honest, hard working people up against greedy bad people. So, don't be discouraged by a single battle or set back! This is a fight we may never be able to truly win, but the ONLY way we can really lose is to give up. Fight the good fight and remember that the people on this board and the creators of this site MUST do their best to protect the site and the members of it for the good of all of us. Cool

Thanks for trying to help legalart, it is what we are all trying to do here! Smile
legalart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Yugwen,
I think it is important to provide this and other blogs with any information we have which is helpful to continue the good work they are doing. I now better understand the sensitivity regarding legal issues and will act accordingly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spyware/Adware in the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: