Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

youtube breaks with later ie-spyad versions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: youtube breaks with later ie-spyad versions Reply with quote

I in searching I did not locate where to post or contact about ie-spyad issues itself. I have had 2 cases where the newer ie-spyad files (using ZonedOut), have somehow caused youtube videos to not play (on standard XP, IE7, all updates, etc.)

The message on youtube is:
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

But this seems to be confusing a lot of people. If I take out all the ie-spyad entries, with no other changes in system whatsoever, and then this youtube play problem no longer happens.

Ie-spyad files from the June 09 update do NOT result in the problem. But later ones DO.

I know you can't be in the biz of dealing with every random link the sites may use, but I just wondered with this being SUCH a major site and part of the culture, is there even something that might be indicated as to how to keep both ie-spyad and youtube?
Gary R

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a topic for the HijackThis forum, I've moved it to a more appropriate place where you're more likely to get a reply.

If you've been helped, please donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site .... Spyware Warrior Donations
ean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. My first time here, but years of using ie-spyad....just never had to post before.
ean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, not that anyone seems to see these, but what used to break YouTube and have a Sept09 date on the ie-spyad text files, now I saw the current files have date of Aug09 and do NOT break YouTube anylonger!

So I guess someone saw and fixed it, even if not as result of seeing my thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Anti-Spyware and Security Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: