Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Have New Computer! Need help so I can be ready to go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cryer
Warrior Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Have New Computer! Need help so I can be ready to go Reply with quote

Alright, after the little problem with my old computer, I finally have a new computer from Gateway; a 6GB 640GB desktop that is smaller and thinner than the old one! But, there were some things that my old computer had that I would like this one to have, unless otherwise stated. Hijackthis is one, so I can create logs that so you guys can get a clear look at what this computer is. Here is the list (the ones with question marks are those I'm not too sure of):

Hijackthis
Malwarebytes
Avast?
Online Armor Firewall? (I have a 60-day Norton already)

If there is anything I don't have listed, please suggest it and let me know. Otherwise, I just need help and directions.

P.S. until otherwise, my speakers are starting to sound weird. Before, and these are speakers I've already had, they sounded great on the new one, now there is some buzzing sound. Need help on that too, also.

Thanks!

EDIT: I guess I should tell you my first problem with the new computer: it's running slow at times, almost freezing up. This might have something to do with the speakers, but maybe not. I can play DVDs, but that started slowing down. I really need your help, guys.

EDIT2: Now its not freezing up. I did a Norton scan, and for a second or two the monitor turned off. Now, it is the use of the old monitor I'm still using for this the cause for the freezing? Because the fact that it stopped suddenly just as it started suddenly is fishy. Plus, I got a blue screen. The only thing from the old computer is the monitor. So, is it the monitor?

I guess you need a hijack this log to better understand this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: