Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

Hi Everyone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary K

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Hi Everyone Reply with quote

I found this site whilst attempting to garner information regarding retrieving a hi-jacked site!

I will post in the appropriate forum, as my site <removed>had been hi-jacked. It is now showing as a free parked domain, with godaddy (not my host) and is full of google ads!
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I cannot tell if you are a spammer trying to promote your site, or if you really have a problem. Both your posts look like spam because of all the links.

At any rate, helping with a hijacked site is not within the scope of this forum. We help with infected PCs not websites.

Looking at the domain registration info, it looks like possibly the registration expired and someone else registered the domain.

http://whois.domaintools.com/millionairemindsetonline.com

It this was your site and you let the registration expire, and someone else registered it, there is probably not much you can do.

I see you made the same post on another forum. I think you received a good response here.

http://www.warriorforum.com/programming-talk/152155-hi-jacked-site.html#post1461911
Mary K

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am NOT a spammer and will resign immediately, as my good name means a lot to me and I didn't realize using a url to illustrate my problem would be considered spam.

I do feel that before accusing people of spam, you really should find out more about the person. Had you clicked on my site, you would have seen exactly what I mean.

Thank you but I will not use this forum again. Thankfully the Warrior Forum, of which I am a member and have NEVER been accused of spamming, has a member who appears to have found the solution.

I wish you well with your work but please do NOT accuse people of spamming without proven evidence, because that is as bad really as spammers.

I am anti-spam , anyway, I wish to withdraw totally from this site.
Gary R

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary K wrote:
...... anyway, I wish to withdraw totally from this site.

No loss as far as I can see.

Suzi did not accuse you of anything, she made some perfectly valid comments, and your extreme reaction to them I'm afraid does very little for your "good name".

If you've been helped, please donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site .... Spyware Warrior Donations
sotet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wish you well with your work but please do NOT accuse people of spamming without proven evidence, because that is as bad really as spammers.

I realize I am posting to an older thread and according to you: you won't be back.

The site owner, Suzi, was merely trying to help you, not accuse you.

You must be new to the Internet to get so offended so easily, my gosh. Hopefully online novices such as you are aware: if you run a message board, you will know people posts all kinds of garbage in order to spam, so one must take most any new poster that has a URL in its initial post as you have done. In summary, online life is too short to get upset so easily. Rolling Eyes [/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: