Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

is incredimail spyware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spyware/Adware in the News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trace
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: is incredimail spyware? Reply with quote

hi
I wanted to know if incredimail is spyware as people have told me it is and i want to know for myself if its true????
It says when you have downloaded it that its sponserd by microsoft.Is that a load of rubish????
Thanks
Trace
Nick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never used incredimail, but here is a topic at another board that should be helpful http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9636&highlight=incredimail
TeMerc
Warrior Obsessed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is what AnswersThatWork says:

We first got acquainted with IncrediMail in early 2002 when trying to solve numerous crashes on a PC. Well, from that time to today, 3‑Dec‑2003, we have yet to ever come across a PC with IncrediMail which was not suffering from horrendous problems, whether it be unbelievable slowness because IncrediMail was consuming most of the CPU capacity, to KERNEL32 errors, illegal operations, Internet Explorer crashes, and more, and more, and more. All such problems would disappear with the de-installation of IncrediMail ! We do not have one single good word to say about this program which has caused our clients endless nightmares whenever an end-user thought it a good idea to install it on their PC. If you want a free alternative to Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, our advice is to de-install IncrediMail via the “Add/Remove Program” icon in the Control Panel (also delete any references to IncrediMail on the Startups tab of The Ultimate Troubleshooter) and then use a program like FoxMail available on our Downloads page. 17‑Dec‑2003 update : we have had one AnswersThatWork user today making a point of telling us they have IncrediMail, have not experienced problems with it, and are a satisfied customer. Late December 2003 to January 2004 update : another five users tell us having used IncrediMail without problems but indicate using IncrediMail Premium, the non‑free version – this may be a crucial difference as all the problems we have experienced at AnswersThatWork’s clients have all been with the free version.

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_i.htm

Ultimate Countermeasures Page
Calendar Of Updates
Malware Advisor Blog
trace
Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: tanks Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the infomation that helped me really alot
And gave me a lot of things to look at
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spyware/Adware in the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: