Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

programs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGETWRIGHT
Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: programs Reply with quote

which programs r good to download music with other that limewire
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We discourage discussions of p2p (filesharing) programs here. There are some file sharing programs that bundle unwanted adware, and there are some that are clean.

The problem lies in the fact that there is a lot of malware spread in the file sharing networks, no matter which one you use. We don't recommend it here. We get a lot of users asking for help with spyware removal due to the use of file sharing networks. We've helped users with keyloggers who had their identity stolen and bank account and PayPal accounts wiped out.

Besides the risk of getting infected with spyware, trojans, keyloggers, adware, a file sharing networks are mostly full of copyrighted material which are being uploaded, downloaded and shared illegally. The illegal aspect is the other reason we discourage discussion of file sharing here.

The only truely safe and legal way to download music is through paid services such as iTunes, Rhapsody, Best Buy, Walmart, eMusic, Napster, etc.

Here's some more info and a long list of places to safely and legally download music.

http://www.campusdownloading.com/legal.htm

http://www.nethics.umd.edu/resources/factsheets/musicserviceoptions.htm

Last edited by suzi on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm partial to iTunes should I need to download music. However, I bet you are looking for free downloads and that's something we don't discuss around here. The legal ramifications is something we don't want to get involved with. I will point you to the Malware Removal good/bad p2p page so you at least know which ones have spyware.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> General Software Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: