Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

phpBB and IP.Board systems unable to save log on status?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chao284
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: phpBB and IP.Board systems unable to save log on status? Reply with quote

I need to know something, has there been an announcement regarding the issues regarding the Remember me feature not saving people's logins and not automatically logging the users in,

I herd rumors lately that there were some serious security enhancements that may have thrown out the "Remember Me" Function from these board systems,

I need to know this because is there a chance that we may have login to any board that uses phpBB and IP.Board because of this issue,

If no one responces I am bound to say that you will all tell me to reinstall my OS because of problems on it, and maybe the reason it could be my index.dat file can no longer keep logins.
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly clear on what you're reporting there... do you have a link to the announcement of issues you refer to?

PhpBB has not had any board upgrades in the last few weeks -- I get email notifications when they release an update. I don't know about other forum software packages.

If you can't keep your logins, you can try clearing your browser cache and deleting all cookies and starting clean. You can use CCleaner, a free program, to delete index.dat also and scrub a lot of leftovers from your machine.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

The "remember me" option sets a persistent cookie -- a cookie that does not expire unless you log out. Clearing your cache and deleting cookies should take care of the problem.
Nick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What browser are you using?
Chao284
Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
What browser are you using?

IE6, unless for spam botnet reasons I have use Firefox for this site, and given the chances once on a botnet you can't find to remove that issue on my computer.
suzi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox, Mozilla, IE 6 and IE 7 all work fine with this forum. I've used all of them with no problem.

I don't understand what you mean about
Quote:
once on a botnet you can't find to remove that issue on my computer.

This site is not on a botnet, and if you have a firewall on your computer, you should know if there is unusual traffic that would indicate you were part of a botnet.
AndyAtHull
SWW Honors Graduate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to find out is to ask at the respective phpBB and IPB's forums.

I use IPB for my forum and don't seem to have this issue. I know a few members who use the 'remember me' option.

I can't speak for phpBB as I don't use this system for a forum. But there are no issues regarding that on my forum. Of course this all depends what version of forum you are initially talking about.

Andy

Follow me on: Twitter | Follow Securitycadets' on: Twitter | Become a fan on: Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Talk About It All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: