Spyware Warrior Spyware Warrior
Help with Spyware, Hijacking & Other Internet Nuisances

FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in

DollarRevenue - Paris Hilton Video Scams Update 9/20/2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spyware/Adware in the News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webhelper
SWW Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: DollarRevenue - Paris Hilton Video Scams Update 9/20/2006 Reply with quote

The DollarRevenue - Paris Hilton Video Scams

While searching Google during research I came across a link to a site that had Paris Hilton
videos clips with one being her 2005 SpicyBurger commercial.
What you get is NO MOVIE BUT YOU GET DollarRevenue massive adware installs
without any End User Licensee agreement links or even knowledge that the
file is a DollarRevenue installer and not some movie.

Full Story:
http://webhelper4u.net/whmembers/writings/parishilton_dollarrevenue.html

Last edited by webhelper on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
theCaptain
Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for some new adware to play with, so I checked this out and infected a VM with the trojan on their site, and it downloaded and installed so much crap that there was absolutely no hope for the VM after that. Total lock up with an emense amout of stuff.

Just thinking outloud -

I'm part business guy (I have an MBA) and like to look at the economic motives behind actions. I cannot see that any ad serving being the rationale since the machine is rendered useless. The main rationale here has got to be selling a fix for the machine. I doubt that the Geek Squad is behind it, so it has got to be the rogue "Anti-Spyware" software that always accompanies such infestations.

Next, I am no lawyer, but one has to think that this type of activity has got to be criminal - Tresspassing, that should be subject to immeidate law enforcement intervention. Is there no federal task force to take care of these aggregious sorts of activities? What about Interpol? The angle of attack here has got to be through the wallet. Why aren't we jumping all over Visa and Mastercard to ban these sorts of merchants? They are international and provide the platform for these activities to generate wealth.

Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for listening. Smile
webhelper
SWW Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theCaptain wrote:
I was looking for some new adware to play with, so I checked this out and infected a VM with the trojan on their site, and it downloaded and installed so much crap that there was absolutely no hope for the VM after that. Total lock up with an emense amout of stuff.

Just thinking outloud -

I'm part business guy (I have an MBA) and like to look at the economic motives behind actions. I cannot see that any ad serving being the rationale since the machine is rendered useless. The main rationale here has got to be selling a fix for the machine. I doubt that the Geek Squad is behind it, so it has got to be the rogue "Anti-Spyware" software that always accompanies such infestations.

Next, I am no lawyer, but one has to think that this type of activity has got to be criminal - Tresspassing, that should be subject to immeidate law enforcement intervention. Is there no federal task force to take care of these aggregious sorts of activities? What about Interpol? The angle of attack here has got to be through the wallet. Why aren't we jumping all over Visa and Mastercard to ban these sorts of merchants? They are international and provide the platform for these activities to generate wealth.

Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for listening. Smile

First, their goal as with adware, or most any maleware today is making profits as affiliates from the installs and the more installs the more the profits. Doesn't matter if the computer will work later or not. Those like dollarrevenue were along with the Russian CWS Vlad Zone behind the 3 DDos attacks against my sites and the Spamhuntress in May-June 2005.
webhelper
SWW Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 9/20/2006

Well they got rid of dollarrevenue with the stealth install and replaced it with the 180 solutions license scam they use for all the rest of their video clips.

Pretty good. sexybabesx.com and 180 making profits off the famous ones who get nothing. Sort of like downloading music without paying the singers for.
fcukdat
Warrior Addict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First, their goal as with adware, or most any maleware today is making profits as affiliates from the installs and the more installs the more the profits.

http://forums.superantispyware.com/viewtopic.php?t=131

Evil or Very Mad Your not kidding collected an infection and them some from the ****s at DR :
1 activeX=6 trojan installers and then wham,most PC's are RIP'ed

What i can't understand is why the still import more keyloggerspassword stealers,backdoors & rootkit(s) since they would only a short live expectancy.Hell i evn caught a trojan that killed Kerio2.1.5 firewall and winpatrol in one sitting.
Crazy bad sruuf

MIRT Handler >>>
http://www.castlecops.com/c55-MIRT.html
Chao284
Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, this is why Microsoft continues to be desperate at making users(in a forced way) to install these trojans that now contain spam capabilities and Rootkits, and until someone who makes an unstoppable category 5 virus that will destroy computers and the hardware that may be on it, believe me, it is that time that we see these kinds of threats and there is no stop in sight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Spyware/Adware in the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: